PASS-Training.co.uk Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Portable Appliance Sefaty Services Limited’, ‘PASS’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is:
Portable Appliance Safety Services Limited
1 Alberto Street
Our company registration number is 4457106. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content in the pages of this website is for your general information and use only, and is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by, or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction of material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and may be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without PASS’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
At PASS (Portable Appliance Safety Services Ltd) we always aim to be fair and reasonable and all of our courses are subject to the following terms and conditions.
If you are in doubt at any time let us know and we’ll go through them.
1. General Booking Information
1.1. We are unable to reserve a place for any persons onto a course until either full payment, a deposit (if applicable) or a purchase order has been received and the place has been confirmed to you by us.
1.2. By booking onto a training course with a deposit payment, full payment or issuing a purchase order, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the terms and conditions herein.
1.3. All confirmed delegates will receive a booking confirmation. If you do not receive your booking confirmation let us know so we can confirm that there are no problems.
1.4. The company reserves the right to decline any application for enrolment on a training course.
1.5. It is required for all courses that candidates must be able to understand, read and write in English to GCSE level.
1.6. If there are other pre-requisites for a particular course, by booking on that course you warrant that you fulfil all of these pre-requisites. Refunds will not be given where you have failed to meet the pre-requisites or you have falsely declared that you meet the pre-requisites.
1.7. All courses include manuals, lunches and refreshments unless otherwise stated.
2. Payments and Deposits
2.1. Some courses may carry the facility to pay a deposit by cheque, cash, credit or debit card.
2.2. Deposits are non refundable unless PASS cancel the course.
2.3. All remaining course balances must be paid 7 days prior to the start of the course.
2.4. We are unable to allow delegates to start a training course unless course fees have been paid for in full.
2.5. Where paying by purchase order, our terms are strictly 30 days from receipt of the invoice for payment.
2.6. Course certificates will be dispatched once outstanding invoices have been settled in full.
3. Examination Fees and Re-sits
3.1. Course and examination fees are payable whether or not you pass a particular examination. Refunds will not be given to delegates who fail examinations.
3.2. Delegates will be given the option to re-sit examinations at the next available opportunity as long as there are spaces available to re-sit that examination.
3.3. Additional examinations will incur an extra examination fee which will be charged at the normal rate for that examination.
3.4. Different awarding bodies stipulate that delegates must be registered for examinations with them prior to sitting the exam. This can range from 24hrs for online exams to 8 weeks for written exams.
3.5. If you book to undertake a training course with us, which involves an examination and you have booked after the awarding bodies registration cut off time, you will be entered for the examination at the next available opportunity. Under certain circumstances you may pay a late registration fee to allow you to sit the exam.
4. Exam Results
4.1. Where exams are not under the influence of awarding bodies we aim to distribute certificates within 14 days maximum.
Where examination results are carried out by an awarding body, there may be a delay in receiving the examination result especially in the case of written papers. The following is a guideline of the maximum time it should take to receive results:
PC based exams – immediate (provisional result)
2391-10 (written) – 12 Weeks
2391-20 (written) – 10 Weeks
EAL Exams – 2 Weeks
5.1. For your security we will not accept cancellations by phone. If you wish to cancel or postpone a training course you must indicate in writing or via email.
5.2. If you cancel the training course booking within 14 days of the start date of the course then you will be liable for 30 % of the full course fees including vat.
5.3. If you cancel the training course within 7 days you will be liable for 100 % of the full course fees inc vat.
5.4. Companies may substitute an alternative delegate generally for no extra charge, however there may be an additional exam fee to pay if the previous candidate has already been registered.
5.5. Rather than cancel a training course, you may wish to postpone until another date. We will allow postponing only once with at least 14 days prior notice from the course start date.
5.6. PASS reserves the right to cancel, re-schedule or vary any course or part of a course due to insufficient numbers, reasons beyond control or changes in regulations. If this were to happen and you are unable to meet the new schedule we will refund any money paid for the course.
5.7. Where PASS cancels a training course we will not be held liable for transportation, accommodation, loss of earnings or any other associated costs.
6.1. Whilst delegates are on the premises they are obliged to abide by all Health and Safety policies that are in place. Where a delegate is disruptive to other delegates, breaches health and safety guidelines or endangers themselves or others, we reserve the right to ask that candidate to leave the premises. Candidates that are asked to leave the course for the above reasons will not be entitled to a refund.
6.2. PASS does not accept responsibility or any liability for delegates belongings whilst they are on site. This includes test equipment and vehicles which are brought onto the premises entirely at the owner’s risk.
6.3. PASS reserve the right to ask any candidate to leave the course if they arrive excessively late or miss any part of the course, if it is believed that they will not be able to pass the course because of this. The full course fees will remain payable.
7. Data Protection
7.1. We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. Full information regarding how we use your data will be provided upon request. It can be found also on all PASS websites.
8. Complaints and Appeals
8.1. Complaints in the first instance should be made to the tutor, lecturer or person in charge. If you are unhappy with the outcome then it will be taken up as per the company complaints procedure for delegates, which is available upon request. Awarding bodies will not accept complaints directly unless you have followed this process.
9.1. Attendance by a delegate onto a training course, even with a formal qualification certificate on completion, does not provide any guarantee of workmanship, performance, quality or status of the delegate during future endeavours.
9.2. All information provided is given in good faith and PASS will not be held responsible for actions taken by the delegate/client, any other individual or organisation as a result of the information provided during the training course.
10.1. All intellectual property rights remain the property of PASS and any copies made of course materials, booklets or training aids will be an infringement of copyright unless agreed in writing by PASS Ltd.