On Monday, a worker saved his mate’s life by hitting him with a wooden plank in a desperate attempt to get him to release his grip on an electrified lamppost, according to local press reports in the Basingstoke Gazette and the Southern Daily Echo.
Recent Posts by admin
A sub-contracted operator had a close brush with electrocution when the raised arms of his 20-tonne excavator hit an 11kV power line as he drove up a slope at Scottish Water Bathgate in West Lothian, Livingston Sheriff Court was told yesterday.
Sub-contractor Lee Burge suffered an electric shock when the crane he was using to lift a steel section came into contact with 11kV overhead power lines at Trowbridge Rugby Club on 20 March 2013, Swindon Crown Court heard last Wednesday.
Yesterday, Huddersfield Magistrates heard how a West Yorkshire steel fabricator flouted SSoW measures when a worker was severely burned in a flashover during hot-cutting work at Fox’s Biscuits factory in Batley in February 2012.
Training needs to concentrate not only on Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) but also on self-rescue procedures and putting measures in place to avoid the need for having rescue teams placed on standby in the first place.
A council has been fined by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for serious safety failings after workers struck and ruptured an underground gas pipe, releasing almost four tonnes of gas in June 2010.
PASS Training has appointed experienced confined spaces and breathing apparatus specialist Andy Richford as business development manager.
Gas detection maintenance has fuelled growing demand for gas detection equipment wherever hazardous levels of gas may be found. Employers need to train workers to use, maintain, and calibrate gas detection equipment safely, whether portable or fixed.
Recent Comments by admin
No comments by admin yet.