Learn the skills and work with the equipment necessary to enhance the safety of you and others around confined space environments.
This course runs for 2 days.
Ideal for any person who needs to develop the essential underpinning skills and knowledge required to plan, enter, work and exit confined spaces including via a vertical shaft and where escape and working apparatus are part of the planned means of self-rescue.
Candidates should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for use in practical exercises. Special breathing apparatus will be provided during this part of the course.
Due to the nature of the course’s physical elements candidates must be cleared by a medical professional ahead of the course as being physically fit enough to complete it.
The course covers the following modules:
- Outcomes of the Confined Space Regulations 1997
- Personal Protection and Hygiene Requirements
- Specified Risks and their Control
- Risk Assessing Residual Hazards
- Types of gaseous atmosphere, portable gas monitoring equipment and its uses
- Operation of safe systems of work
- Use of permit-to-work control measures
- The use of harnesses, tripods/man-riding winches, fall arrests and safety lines
- Use of escape set breathing apparatus
- Use of short duration working breathing apparatus
- Safe entry, working and exiting procedures in and around confined spaces
- Self-rescue procedures
- Knowledge and skill exercises for planning, ent
We can also provide bespoke modules designed in combination with your unique business safety protocols. Please contact us directly for more information on tailoring your training course.
- Certificate of Attendance in Confined Space Entry/Escape & Working Breathing Apparatus
If you’d like any further information on any of our courses, including confined space awareness, please give us a call 01642 987 978 or contact our training team.